Monday, August 17, 2009

New School, New House, Birthdays


I have learned alot in the last week.

My kids are resiliant, easy to please, and pretty much only need a pool and someone roughly their age to ensure their happiness. They are fortunatley too young to care about race, socieoeconomic status, or nationality.

School stared this week, unfortunately, the first Venezuelan virus hit our home this week as well. Katherine had to miss the first day of school today due to fever, nausea, and stomach pain. Madeline made it to orientation and is doing pretty well so far. I have a touch of it but not nearly as bad as Katherine.

Katherine totally rallied this morning and dragged herself out of bed for her first day of school on the second day of school. To make it more confusing, it was Madeline's first day of school as well. Both girls did great! No tears, just kicked me out of the room as soon as they could.

Our party last weekend was great. We had several Chevron families over - most of whom had recently flown in over the past day or so, and one new American Embassy family. It was fun and the kids had a great time. I did not think to grab the camera! The kids swam and ran around the apartment in little age divided groups.

Our apartment is nearly unpacked and decorated. I love it and am very happy here. I might have a contact at the US Embassy for a very part time position as a OBGYN consultant. We shall see how it works out. I also volunteered to help out in the school infirmary from time to time when they are short.

We are settling into our new routines now and I will keep you posted on how it goes.

Happy Birthday to Katherine tomorrow!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment