Monday, June 22, 2009

Pack, Party, Repeat

Oh. My. Gosh.

What a couple of weeks we have had.
Packing, playing, organizing, swimming, moving, drinking, shopping, and visiting.

We are exhausted.
It is flattering that everyone is trying to get a little Haver Love before we move. In the past two weeks we have sold a home, bought a home, packed for Venezuela, packed for Galveston, and unpacked the Galveston Evia house.


Bob came to visit first. He helped me cook and prepare for our going away party. We went to Schlitterbahn (Madeline was in heaven), and entertained some of my friends. Randy came in over the weekend - just in time for our farewell extravaganza (note pictures). After they left on Sunday, my best friend from high school - Carolyn arrived with her niece Sara Mary. I remember when SM was born like it was yesterday - now she is 19 and VA VA VOOM - does that make me officially old???? It was just in time for the College World Series and to watch her nephew Mikie Mahtook do so well for LSU. My parents surprised me with a visit on Wednesday - just happened to drive in? Madeline was thrilled. Shortly after, my brother and sister-in-law arrived with my gorgeous nephew. They bought Chris' CRV and were driving it back to California - but stayed for a couple of days to visit.


It was all fabulous - and very worth it.

Not to underplay our party - our beautiful Galveston friends threw a farewell party for us - complete with Gus the Bus and a video highlighting our time here over the past four years. (Thank you Darren) ENJOY, and a tribute from MB.


I am a little bored today. No one is here from out of town, everything is unpacked, and if I have anymore champagne I will have to go into rehab.



Tomorrow I go and pick up Katherine! I am so excited to see her beautiful face! After we leave camp, we are driving up to Frisco, Texas to hang out with my Landry cousins for a couple of days - then off to Park City.

No comments:

Post a Comment