Friday, May 1, 2009

First Class is the Only Way to Fly




Chris and I are sitting in the "E" terminal President's Club enjoying 'free' glasses of wine waiting on our 11:59 flight to Caracas. This is our preassignment trip and includes meeting the other members of the Chevron Family in Caracas, visiting the kids school, and hopefully, finding a place to live. I plan to update this frequently - so stay tuned.


By the way - the President's Club ROCKS. I highly recommend scoring a pass to get in here if you can.

The last time I was in this room was in 2005 with Christy Abair - we were flying to Chicago to the Oprah Winfrey Show - another great story - for later.


My In-laws are watching the kids while we are gone - as an added bonus - they are also helping us show and sell the house. The house is not even officially on the market, but I have potentially four families interested in it.


Swine flu is still an issue - we saw two people wearing masks in the airport tonight. That's not saying much, but the airport is very empty due to the lateness of the hour. I have masks tucked into my purse - just in case someone is coughing next to me IN FIRST CLASS (in case you forgot) on the airplane.


Chris and I and the girls went to Houston on Wednesday for our medical clearance. Chris and I went to the Occupational Medicine Clinic in Chevron's building in downtown Houston. I had a 1.5 hour screening, exam, blood work, and 4 vaccines. My deltoids are so sore. My exam was perfunctory at best. I did not even have to get undressed. Chris, on the other hand was a little freaked out because it seems the doctor was a little more thorough on his exam - it included a prostate and testicular exam and he just did not see that one coming. After that fun experience we found enough time to head to Rice Village for a little shopping and lunch. At 1:30 we had appointments for the kids at the Texas Children's Travel Medicine Clinic (I mean seriously, these people think of everything!). We did not walk out of the hospital until 4:00. The kids each had 3 vaccines and a TB test AND blood work. Katherine did pretty well, but Madeline was PISSED. She screamed bloody murder when they had to draw blood, on my lap, with me holding her.




Its getting late, and I am tired. I'll sign off for now. More to come soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment