Monday, April 13, 2009

The Farewell Tour Begins......

After much debate, we decided to go to Lafayette for a long weekend during Spring Break. We left after Mom got off of work and headed to the ferry. Two hours later we were crossing onto Bolivar Peninsula. W-O-W. I had not been there since the hurricane. I was disoriented as most of the landmarks (and structures) after Crystal Beach are gone. When I got to Rollover Pass and realized where I was, I started crying. There was nothing nothing nothing there. No buildings, no real roads - just sand and water. Katherine and Madeline had no idea where we were.


The rest of the trip was uneventful and fun. We took my parents dancing and out to dinner and spent lots of time with Isabella and Juliana our cousins. It was good to see Gee-gee and Pappa. We made it home no problem.

No comments:

Post a Comment